May 19, 2009

Lactation Specialist

I had a lactation specialist come out to the house today to give me a few pointers with nursing. This past week Jonah and I spent the week in VA at my parents visiting family. On Tuesday I think Jonah hit a growth spurt and wanted to eat all the time and I was giving him formula after each feeding. When we got back to NC his habits were still the same. I wanted to meet with the LS to make sure I was producing enough milk.  She was a lot of help but left me with a list of things to do. The goal is to get Jonah 100% off the bottle...in order for him to do this I have to feed him, pump for 10 minuets and supplement with a little tube attached to me each feeding. This is going to be a challenging few days. 

No comments: